Second chance for NHS bosses to face public, Honiton
NHS bosses have been invited again to attend a public meeting in Honiton to discuss proposed changes to maternity services at the town s community hospital.
NHS bosses have been invited again to attend a public meeting in Honiton to discuss proposed changes to maternity services at the town's community hospital.
Some changes have already taken place, allegedly due to staff shortages.
NHS Devon has said it will engage in public consultation following the General Election tomorrow (Thursday).
In a letter, sent to NHS Devon by Honiton Town Council, town clerk Lyn Hargood says: "There was great disappointment and frustration that you did not feel able to attend a previous meeting.
You may also want to watch:
"Whilst you gave the reason of 'election purdah', this is clearly not a party political area.
"This was evidenced by the fact that all the candidates standing for election in this constituency are voicing their concerns at the reductions and three candidates attended the meeting."
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 7 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 8 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
- 9 Yarty Party is back with a line-up to lift spirits and entertain
- 10 Axe Valley Runners in Exeter Quay race
All five election candidates, along with Mrs Hargood, signed the invitation.
Mrs Hargood says the public meeting will give the NHS an opportunity to address the concerns raised by local residents.
The meeting will take place in the Mackarness Hall at 10.30am on Saturday, May 15.
The date and time has been fixed at the request of those who attended the previous meeting.