Second chance for NHS bosses to face public, Honiton
NHS bosses have been invited again to attend a public meeting in Honiton to discuss proposed changes to maternity services at the town s community hospital.
NHS bosses have been invited again to attend a public meeting in Honiton to discuss proposed changes to maternity services at the town's community hospital.
Some changes have already taken place, allegedly due to staff shortages.
NHS Devon has said it will engage in public consultation following the General Election tomorrow (Thursday).
In a letter, sent to NHS Devon by Honiton Town Council, town clerk Lyn Hargood says: "There was great disappointment and frustration that you did not feel able to attend a previous meeting.
You may also want to watch:
"Whilst you gave the reason of 'election purdah', this is clearly not a party political area.
"This was evidenced by the fact that all the candidates standing for election in this constituency are voicing their concerns at the reductions and three candidates attended the meeting."
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
All five election candidates, along with Mrs Hargood, signed the invitation.
Mrs Hargood says the public meeting will give the NHS an opportunity to address the concerns raised by local residents.
The meeting will take place in the Mackarness Hall at 10.30am on Saturday, May 15.
The date and time has been fixed at the request of those who attended the previous meeting.