Secret talks over community centre
District council to ban press and public from discussion.
EAST Devon District Council’s executive board is tomorrow (Wednesday) due to hold secret talks about the proposed Honiton Community Centre complex.
The ‘update’ is taking place behind closed doors, with the press and public excluded, for financial reasons.
However, the outcome of the discussion is due to be considered by Honiton Town Council at its February meeting next Monday.
A spokesman for the district council said the decision to receive an update on the centre in private had been taken in advance because information relating to the financial or business affairs of an individual or local authority was likely to be discussed.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, the executive board decided to overturn its long-standing offer of land for the project.
However, that decision was called in and talks have been taking place with Honiton Town Council, which hopes to develop the centre.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
A budget of �36,000 has been included in the town council’s precept and it hopes to borrow just under �1 million towards the scheme. Other money is already available for the centre.
See the letters ection of this website.