Secret talks over community centre
District council to ban press and public from discussion.
EAST Devon District Council’s executive board is tomorrow (Wednesday) due to hold secret talks about the proposed Honiton Community Centre complex.
The ‘update’ is taking place behind closed doors, with the press and public excluded, for financial reasons.
However, the outcome of the discussion is due to be considered by Honiton Town Council at its February meeting next Monday.
A spokesman for the district council said the decision to receive an update on the centre in private had been taken in advance because information relating to the financial or business affairs of an individual or local authority was likely to be discussed.
Last year, the executive board decided to overturn its long-standing offer of land for the project.
However, that decision was called in and talks have been taking place with Honiton Town Council, which hopes to develop the centre.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 3 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 4 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 5 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 9 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 10 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
A budget of �36,000 has been included in the town council’s precept and it hopes to borrow just under �1 million towards the scheme. Other money is already available for the centre.
See the letters ection of this website.