See the Future ball expected to top £4,000 in donations
- Credit: Archant
Held at Woodbury Park Hotel, on Woodbury Common, more than 100 suited and booted visitors dined on a three-course meal, won goodies in two auctions and danced the night away.
A bumper crowd enjoyed another smashing night at See the Future’s annual fundraising ball.
Held at Woodbury Park Hotel, on Woodbury Common, more than 100 suited and booted visitors dined on a three-course meal, won goodies in two auctions and danced the night away. The ball raised £3,900 - a figure that’s still rising - for See the
Future, a Honiton-based sight-loss charity which raises awareness of the importance of regular eye
You may also want to watch:
The charity’s founder, Leanne Greengrass, thanked everyone for making the night so special, adding: “I am really pleased with the total, which is still rising. People have already told me that they will be back for next year’s ball.
“Next year’s ball is the fifth one so a bit of a milestone. I am planning some special surprises for it!”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
There was also a touch of glamour on the night, as popular Homes Under the Hammer presenter Graham Barton delighted the crowd while auctioning off everything from free golf sessions to a signed Michael Caines cookbook.
The night ended on a high as visitors took to the dance floor.
Leanne added: “I have had the highest number of emails off the back of this, with people thanking me for the event. It’s amazing as I should be thanking them - it was a brilliant night.”
Next year’s ball is on Friday, September 23, from 7pm.