See the seedy side of Honiton
...in the Mackarness Hall.
A new, seedy side of Honiton will be revealed in the Mackarness Hall later this month.
As part of Climate Week, Transition Town Honiton is staging Seedy Saturday in the hope that people will come along and swap seeds.
A spokesman for the organisers said: “The key idea behind Seedy Saturday is for people to come along and swap their seeds, seedlings and cuttings with other members of the public, plus we are also giving away free packets of seeds.
“Seedy Saturday is an event which will also include a broad range of attractions and activities, including local crafts and charity stalls, plants, books, toys, homemade cakes, Fairtrade tea and coffee, activities for children, a raffle and more.”
You may also want to watch:
Transition Town Honiton aims to make Honiton a more resilient community against a range of issues, including climate change, peak oil and economic downturns.
Seedy Saturday takes place on March 17, between 10am and noon.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism