Seized booze to be auctioned off
Money raised will go into the public purse.
BOOZE seized by police in Honiton from under-age drinkers and those drinking in alcohol-free zones is to be auctioned off and the money raised put in the public purse.
A specialist auction house has been appointed to deal with the sale.
Our picture shows booze seized over the summer, from mid-July to the end of August.
Police say they are working hard to reduce drink-related anti-social behaviour in the town.
You may also want to watch:
AN under-age male is currently being investigated for persistently possessing alcohol, Sergeant Martin Burrow has told the Midweek Herald.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations