Seized booze to be auctioned off
Money raised will go into the public purse.
BOOZE seized by police in Honiton from under-age drinkers and those drinking in alcohol-free zones is to be auctioned off and the money raised put in the public purse.
A specialist auction house has been appointed to deal with the sale.
Our picture shows booze seized over the summer, from mid-July to the end of August.
Police say they are working hard to reduce drink-related anti-social behaviour in the town.
You may also want to watch:
AN under-age male is currently being investigated for persistently possessing alcohol, Sergeant Martin Burrow has told the Midweek Herald.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'