Seized booze to be auctioned off
Money raised will go into the public purse.
BOOZE seized by police in Honiton from under-age drinkers and those drinking in alcohol-free zones is to be auctioned off and the money raised put in the public purse.
A specialist auction house has been appointed to deal with the sale.
Our picture shows booze seized over the summer, from mid-July to the end of August.
Police say they are working hard to reduce drink-related anti-social behaviour in the town.
You may also want to watch:
AN under-age male is currently being investigated for persistently possessing alcohol, Sergeant Martin Burrow has told the Midweek Herald.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 7 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 8 Axe Valley Runners in Exeter Quay race
- 9 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 10 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award