Self-catering home in Luppitt bags silver at VisitEngland awards
- Credit: Archant
A luxury self-catering home has scooped a silver award at the prestigious VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2018.
The Milkshed, in Luppitt, sleeps four in two bedrooms and unique features include a wood-fired hot tub and on onsite Michelin-trained chef.
Sally Balcombe, CEO of VisitBritain and VisitEngland said: “The standard of the hundreds of applications we received this year was extremely high and that’s why The Milkshed’s accolade is a testament to their excellent work.”
Katie Hollyer, owner of The Milkshed, was presented with the award during a ceremony at the Bath Assembly Rooms last month.
She said: “We are absolutely delighted to win this award! We are so proud to have represented Devon and to have won the silver at national level. It is truly an honour.”
You may also want to watch:
The Milkshed is no stranger to accolades, having scooped top prize at the Devon Tourism Awards in 2017 and silver in the same awards a year prior.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery