Series of events a great success
THIS is to thank everyone who provided support and assistance with our recent Celebrating Seniors project at Meadow View chapel and Honiton Methodist Church.
THIS is to thank everyone who provided support and assistance with our recent Celebrating Seniors project at Meadow View chapel and Honiton Methodist Church. Each event was well attended; indeed we finished with standing room only.
This project began as an exercise in collective history and, from the feedback we have received, it has proved both worthwhile and enjoyable to all concerned.
We have also been able to recover a wealth of material, which is now recorded and readily accessible to the people of Honiton. Copies of all exhibits have been deposited with Allhallows Museum, Honiton. Over 1,000 items are currently being catalogued by Julia Neville Ph.D. These items will be scanned and recorded by the West Country Studies Library and we plan to make them available locally.
DVD copies of Honiton's Big Day 1937 (Coronation) - The Movie have been presented, with permission of Mr Goodman and family, to our museum and local library. These can be accessed by arrangement.
You may also want to watch:
We are also hoping that a publication on the life of Juanita Maxwell Phillips can be produced, in response to many requests.
At our meeting on December 7, we shall receive a report and plan to consider the future of the Celebrating Seniors' project.
- 1 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 2 Seaton salutes its green-fingered garden winners
- 3 Town's extended Aldi store open again for shoppers
- 4 Bikers take the limelight at Wiscombe Park
- 5 Have your say on shape of future town development
- 6 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 7 Nursing home enjoys great outdoors with family barbecue
- 8 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 9 Lions defy effects of pandemic and give £17,000 to good causes
- 10 Drama club rewarded for Christmas show that proved a winner
Finally, this project has significance for moves to establish a Memory Cafe in Honiton which, along with Alzheimer's research and care, we support.
Honiton Senior Council