Series of events a great success
THIS is to thank everyone who provided support and assistance with our recent Celebrating Seniors project at Meadow View chapel and Honiton Methodist Church.
THIS is to thank everyone who provided support and assistance with our recent Celebrating Seniors project at Meadow View chapel and Honiton Methodist Church. Each event was well attended; indeed we finished with standing room only.
This project began as an exercise in collective history and, from the feedback we have received, it has proved both worthwhile and enjoyable to all concerned.
We have also been able to recover a wealth of material, which is now recorded and readily accessible to the people of Honiton. Copies of all exhibits have been deposited with Allhallows Museum, Honiton. Over 1,000 items are currently being catalogued by Julia Neville Ph.D. These items will be scanned and recorded by the West Country Studies Library and we plan to make them available locally.
DVD copies of Honiton's Big Day 1937 (Coronation) - The Movie have been presented, with permission of Mr Goodman and family, to our museum and local library. These can be accessed by arrangement.
You may also want to watch:
We are also hoping that a publication on the life of Juanita Maxwell Phillips can be produced, in response to many requests.
At our meeting on December 7, we shall receive a report and plan to consider the future of the Celebrating Seniors' project.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 5 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 6 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 7 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 8 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 9 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 10 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
Finally, this project has significance for moves to establish a Memory Cafe in Honiton which, along with Alzheimer's research and care, we support.
Honiton Senior Council