Series of events a great success
THIS is to thank everyone who provided support and assistance with our recent Celebrating Seniors project at Meadow View chapel and Honiton Methodist Church.
THIS is to thank everyone who provided support and assistance with our recent Celebrating Seniors project at Meadow View chapel and Honiton Methodist Church. Each event was well attended; indeed we finished with standing room only.
This project began as an exercise in collective history and, from the feedback we have received, it has proved both worthwhile and enjoyable to all concerned.
We have also been able to recover a wealth of material, which is now recorded and readily accessible to the people of Honiton. Copies of all exhibits have been deposited with Allhallows Museum, Honiton. Over 1,000 items are currently being catalogued by Julia Neville Ph.D. These items will be scanned and recorded by the West Country Studies Library and we plan to make them available locally.
DVD copies of Honiton's Big Day 1937 (Coronation) - The Movie have been presented, with permission of Mr Goodman and family, to our museum and local library. These can be accessed by arrangement.
We are also hoping that a publication on the life of Juanita Maxwell Phillips can be produced, in response to many requests.
At our meeting on December 7, we shall receive a report and plan to consider the future of the Celebrating Seniors' project.
- 1 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 2 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 3 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 4 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 5 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 6 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 7 Historic charter day back in Honiton this July
- 8 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 9 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 10 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
Finally, this project has significance for moves to establish a Memory Cafe in Honiton which, along with Alzheimer's research and care, we support.
Honiton Senior Council