Serious fire near Axminster
Investigations underway after a building was left severely damaged.
A commercial kitchen was found well alight at a premises in Musbury last night (Tuesday).
Firefighters from Axminster, Colyton, Seaton, Lyme Regis and Honiton attended the fire at a single storey building, at 10.13pm.
Additional support was requested from Chard together with an incident support unit and fire crews from Exmouth, Danes Castle and Sidmouth.
A hazardous materials and environmental pollution officer and fire investigation officer was also mobilised to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Hose reels and a compressed air foam system were used to tackle the blaze.
Firefighters also had to isolate two large propane tanks.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme
The incident continued through to the early hours of this morning.
The building was left severely damaged and an investigation by police and the fire service is underway.