Sharing the airwaves
Radio legend Dave Cash visits hotel near Axminster.
Radio legend Dave Cash entertained a full house of people at the Fairwater Head Hotel near Axminster when he appeared as a special guest.
Dave, who was one of the first broadcasters on Radio One when it launched in 1967, joined the hotel for its monthly lunch club meeting.
He spoke about his days on Radio Caroline and Radio London and how he sees the way we listen to the radio changing over the next few years.
Dave also spoke about his time on the North Sea.
You may also want to watch:
The Fairwater Head Lunch Club meets once a month, usually on the first Friday.
Next month they will be joined by guest speaker John Risdon who will be talking about ghosts and legends on Dartmoor.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
Later this year former MP and Strictly Come Dancing contestant Anne Widdecombe will be making an appearance at one of the meetings.