Sharon will stand for election
Green to go for it.
How disappointing to read that so many local people are either too busy, not interested or too disillusioned with local politics to even consider standing for the elections in May.
Fortunately, I know a busy working mother of two tucked away up in Hazelwood Close who has decided to put herself up for both Honiton town and East Devon district elections.
With a shortage of younger people and women in politics, 38-year-old Sharon Pavey hopes to offer a new Green perspective on both town and district councils.
Her energy and enthusiasm are so contagious, I will be out with her next week putting Green Party newsletters through the 3,000 doors in the St Michael’s ward. Kind Regards
Please do say hello if you see us in your street.
- 1 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 2 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 4 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 5 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 6 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 7 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 8 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 9 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 10 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted