Sharon will stand for election
Green to go for it.
How disappointing to read that so many local people are either too busy, not interested or too disillusioned with local politics to even consider standing for the elections in May.
Fortunately, I know a busy working mother of two tucked away up in Hazelwood Close who has decided to put herself up for both Honiton town and East Devon district elections.
With a shortage of younger people and women in politics, 38-year-old Sharon Pavey hopes to offer a new Green perspective on both town and district councils.
Her energy and enthusiasm are so contagious, I will be out with her next week putting Green Party newsletters through the 3,000 doors in the St Michael’s ward. Kind Regards
You may also want to watch:
Please do say hello if you see us in your street.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 Local Football Results
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton