Shaun’s sumptuous sausages are a sizzling success
- Credit: Archant
Axminster butcher’s bangers voted the nation’s best
East Devon butchers Complete Meats has been named the winner of this year’s contest to find the nation’s best ‘banger’.
The firm, with outlets in Axminster and Honiton, took the top prize for its Pork and Otter Ale variety in the British Sausage Week contest.
Judges praised the mix of lightly seasoned West Country quality-assured pork with locally brewed ale from Otter Brewery.
Complete Meats boss Shaun Vining collected the golden sausage trophy at a ceremony in London, hosted by renowned chef Michel Roux Jr.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Vining said: “We are in shock to be awarded this accolade for our sausage. The room was full of the best sausage makers in the country and to be awarded ‘Best British Butcher’s Sausage’ is truly an honour. We are frantically making Pork and Otter Ale sausages for all of our customers to enjoy!”
Patrick McCaig, sales and marketing director of Otter Brewery, said: “This really is the best of East Devon on a plate! Otter Head has something of a cult following in the beer world and has itself been a national winner at The Great Taste Awards.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
“Now as an ingredient in Britain’s Best Butcher’s Sausage it can be enjoyed by a whole new set of fans. The rich flavour is a perfect match, bringing a touch of malt, fruit and sweetness to the meat. Our beer is made in the nearby Blackdown Hills, so this really is ‘keeping it local’ at its best.”