Shed some light on dilemma plea
Lights going off as pedestrian walks along.
I understand that the council has to cut costs. We all have to, with the rising costs of everything!
I walk to and from evening activities a lot for my health (and to cut fuel cost) and constantly notice lights along Rosemount Lane and Millhead Road going off as I am walking through at around 9.30-10.30pm.
I don’t know whether there is a problem with the lights or if it is cost cutting.
Either way, as a young woman usually walking alone, I feel quite unsafe. May I suggest we “energy save” on residential streets after 11pm, not the main roads which are used by many pedestrians much earlier who may well feel the same?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect