Sheldon Singers' carols raise money for Shelter
- Credit: Archant
A small and socially distanced group from the Sheldon Singers went out to six venues in Honiton during the week before Christmas to sing carols.
The Sheldon Singers, formed in 1987, is now one of the most widely respected and recognised choirs in East Devon.
A spokesperson for the choir said: “Despite the wet and windy weather, we were greeted with warmth and generosity. The total funds raised for Shelter were £1,684.
“The choir would like to thank all those who supported us and made donations.
“We hope that 2021 will bring better news for one and all.”
You may also want to watch:
Essentially a chamber choir, the Sheldon Singers perform a broad range of music, from madrigals to oratorios.
Two main concerts are given each year, with the summer season devoted either to an overseas tour or to a residential period at one of England’s great cathedrals.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 8 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back