Shoppers can now park at Honiton Community College
Academy opens up two car parks at weekends and school holidays.
Honiton Community College has opened up its car parks to the public in a bid to raise funds to enhance the education of its students.
Members of the public are now able to park in the two car parks located at the upper end of School Lane, which will be made available on the weekends, from 6pm on Fridays to 6am on Mondays.
They will also be available for use during the school holidays and half term.
Honiton Community College’s director of finance, Gary Wills, said: “Schools suffer the same as any public organisation with restrictive budgets. Now that Honiton Community College is an academy, we have a bit more freedom to find alternative income streams in order to maximise the money we can spend on the students’ education.”
The fees will be the same as those charged at East Devon District Council-owned car parks and enforcement will be undertaken by Premier Parking Solutions (PPS), based in Newton Abbot.
The money will be shared between PPS and the college, which will be used to supplement the normal school budget.
- 1 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Tourist blamed satnav for sending him wrong way up A303 dual carriageway
- 4 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 5 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 6 Repair work on flood damage begins at Axminster bowling club
- 7 Nine-year-old launches fundraising appeal to spruce up RD&E's kids ward
- 8 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 9 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 10 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
The car parks became available for use to members of the public at the end of last month.
The college already rents out its facilities to the local community, including its classrooms, halls and sports pitches, and hopes this will be a fantastic new resource for the people of Honiton to use.