Shoppers can now park at Honiton Community College
Academy opens up two car parks at weekends and school holidays.
Honiton Community College has opened up its car parks to the public in a bid to raise funds to enhance the education of its students.
Members of the public are now able to park in the two car parks located at the upper end of School Lane, which will be made available on the weekends, from 6pm on Fridays to 6am on Mondays.
They will also be available for use during the school holidays and half term.
Honiton Community College’s director of finance, Gary Wills, said: “Schools suffer the same as any public organisation with restrictive budgets. Now that Honiton Community College is an academy, we have a bit more freedom to find alternative income streams in order to maximise the money we can spend on the students’ education.”
You may also want to watch:
The fees will be the same as those charged at East Devon District Council-owned car parks and enforcement will be undertaken by Premier Parking Solutions (PPS), based in Newton Abbot.
The money will be shared between PPS and the college, which will be used to supplement the normal school budget.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
The car parks became available for use to members of the public at the end of last month.
The college already rents out its facilities to the local community, including its classrooms, halls and sports pitches, and hopes this will be a fantastic new resource for the people of Honiton to use.