Show goes on for Elvis
Small audience rocked by tribute act in Honiton
THE show went on for Elvis tribute act Maurice Broadway when he turned up to perform in Honiton last night (Wednesday) and was confronted by an audience of just eight people, including his wife.
Maurice wasn’t all shook up by the low turnout at the Royal British Legion Club and rocked his way through two sets.
He sang all the Elvis classics, including Suspicious Minds and You’re My Teddy Bear, wearing authentic Elvis costumes - starting with his ‘Dracula’ suit and ending in Elvis’s trademark ‘Las Vegas’ white, studded suit.
The performance, which was enjoyed by all, was punctuated by vocal contributions from audience member and Honitonian Elizabeth Podsiadlo Delgado, who is well-known for her singing at Honiton Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone enjoyed a good dance, including Anthony Smith, the chairman of Honiton Senior Council.
Maurice said the show would still have gone on if just one person had turned up.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Everyone at the �6-a-head event said they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and would love to see Maurice perform in Honiton again.