Show goes on for Elvis
Small audience rocked by tribute act in Honiton
THE show went on for Elvis tribute act Maurice Broadway when he turned up to perform in Honiton last night (Wednesday) and was confronted by an audience of just eight people, including his wife.
Maurice wasn’t all shook up by the low turnout at the Royal British Legion Club and rocked his way through two sets.
He sang all the Elvis classics, including Suspicious Minds and You’re My Teddy Bear, wearing authentic Elvis costumes - starting with his ‘Dracula’ suit and ending in Elvis’s trademark ‘Las Vegas’ white, studded suit.
The performance, which was enjoyed by all, was punctuated by vocal contributions from audience member and Honitonian Elizabeth Podsiadlo Delgado, who is well-known for her singing at Honiton Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone enjoyed a good dance, including Anthony Smith, the chairman of Honiton Senior Council.
Maurice said the show would still have gone on if just one person had turned up.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 3 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 4 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 5 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 8 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 9 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
Everyone at the �6-a-head event said they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and would love to see Maurice perform in Honiton again.