Show goes on for Elvis
Small audience rocked by tribute act in Honiton
THE show went on for Elvis tribute act Maurice Broadway when he turned up to perform in Honiton last night (Wednesday) and was confronted by an audience of just eight people, including his wife.
Maurice wasn’t all shook up by the low turnout at the Royal British Legion Club and rocked his way through two sets.
He sang all the Elvis classics, including Suspicious Minds and You’re My Teddy Bear, wearing authentic Elvis costumes - starting with his ‘Dracula’ suit and ending in Elvis’s trademark ‘Las Vegas’ white, studded suit.
The performance, which was enjoyed by all, was punctuated by vocal contributions from audience member and Honitonian Elizabeth Podsiadlo Delgado, who is well-known for her singing at Honiton Rugby Club.
Everyone enjoyed a good dance, including Anthony Smith, the chairman of Honiton Senior Council.
Maurice said the show would still have gone on if just one person had turned up.
- 1 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 2 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 3 New Repair Cafe to open in Honiton next month
- 4 Town council explores best way forward for the Beehive
- 5 New unit to be built opposite Hangar two at Dunkeswell Airfield
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Over 1K raised by Honiton concert for Ukraine
- 8 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Pub organises fundraising gigs for Ukraine
Everyone at the �6-a-head event said they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and would love to see Maurice perform in Honiton again.