Show goes on for Elvis
Small audience rocked by tribute act in Honiton
THE show went on for Elvis tribute act Maurice Broadway when he turned up to perform in Honiton last night (Wednesday) and was confronted by an audience of just eight people, including his wife.
Maurice wasn’t all shook up by the low turnout at the Royal British Legion Club and rocked his way through two sets.
He sang all the Elvis classics, including Suspicious Minds and You’re My Teddy Bear, wearing authentic Elvis costumes - starting with his ‘Dracula’ suit and ending in Elvis’s trademark ‘Las Vegas’ white, studded suit.
The performance, which was enjoyed by all, was punctuated by vocal contributions from audience member and Honitonian Elizabeth Podsiadlo Delgado, who is well-known for her singing at Honiton Rugby Club.
Everyone enjoyed a good dance, including Anthony Smith, the chairman of Honiton Senior Council.
Maurice said the show would still have gone on if just one person had turned up.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 5 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 6 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 9 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 10 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
Everyone at the �6-a-head event said they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and would love to see Maurice perform in Honiton again.