Showcase success for Honiton U3A
- Credit: Archant
The purpose of the afternoon was to showcase all of the current interest groups and the events due to take place in the coming year.
Attractive displays, useful information and a stunning array of photography was all on offer when Honiton University of the Third Age held an open showcase last week.
The event, which attracted more than 100 people, was held at The Beehive community centre, in Honiton, on Wednesday, March 18.
There was free entry and complimentary tea or coffee for both members and visitors alike.
The purpose of the afternoon was to showcase all of the current interest groups and the events due to take place in the coming year and to bring to people’s attention just how much the Honiton U3A has to offer its members.
You may also want to watch:
This was done with a mixture of live performances from the play reading and French groups, together with static displays that included both written and pictorial information.
Each group leader was also available to answer any questions that might be raised.
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 5 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
Val Frood, of Honiton U3A, said: “The U3A was delighted with the interest that was shown, with more than 120 people attending.”