Shute girl sheds her locks for charity
- Credit: Archant
Tia has her long hair cut short to aid other youngsters who have lost all theirs
An eight-year-old Axe Valley youngster has had her long hair cut short to aid a worthy cause.
In 2016 Tia Bowman’s grandma was diagnosed with a lymphoma and started receiving treatment. She was given a super wig which got Tia, of Umborne, Shute, thinking about children her own age who had lost their hair through illness.
And she learnt about The Little Princess Trust which provides real hair wigs free of charge to children and young adults.
Tia was touched by stories of the brave youngsters they help and decided to do some fundraising for the charity and also donate her own hair as well.
You may also want to watch:
She went to Flix Hair Design in Colyton and had 38cm of hair cut off to donate to the charity.
And the hair salon was so impressed with Tia’s selfless act it has been raising additional funds from customers to add to the £450 the youngster has already collected.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Donations can still be made online at http:mydonate.bt.comfundraiserstia