Shute man focusing on music
A SHUTE man has quit amateur dramatics after 10 years of performances to focus on his music.
John Currall,31, kicked off his music career when he worked with Ian Gillan from Deep Purple in 1999, for Axminster Rock Music Society (ARMS).
He recently acted in The Wizard of Oz production but said he now wants to concentrate on singing and song-writing.
John said: “I’m excited about the music and it’s going well. We’re causing quite a buzz in the area.
“As for the dramatics, it’s an end of an era. It’s been a dream of mine to get a record deal.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to see John perform, he will be singing at The Old Inn in Kilmington on August 28 during the Jazz Festival. He has also joined the open mic nights on Wednesdays in the Axminster Inn.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 7 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon