Shute School Christmas Fair raises £1,300
- Credit: Archant
Organisers are delighted with the bumper total which will help develop the school library
Shute Primary School raised £1,300 at its special Winter Wonderland Christmas Fair.
Organised by the PTFA, the event which was held in the school grounds earlier this month.
The bumper sum was raised towards school projects thanks to pupils, families, friends and staff.
Festive stalls with local crafts and produce, games, skittles and a family barbecue were all on offer, as well as mulled cider and mince pies.
You may also want to watch:
And there was a special visitor when Father Christmas popped by the grotto, enabling children to have a ‘Santa selfie’.
Headteacher Clare Rinaldi said: “The Shute Winter Wonderland was a huge success with so many people pulling together to make it a great event.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
“The Magical Grotto - with snow machine - and feeding the alpacas were definitely highlights for the children.
“The money raised by the PTFA will go towards developing the school library. Thank you to everyone who helped.”