Siblings awarded special commendations
Fund-raisers recognised after helping to raise more than �22,000 for the Royal Military Police Benevolent Fund.
Fund-raising siblings from Honiton have received commendations after raising more than �22,000 for the Royal Military Police Benevolent Fund.
Benjamin and Samantha Slater were awarded a commendation of the Provost Marshall for their fund-raising achievements by the chief officer of the Royal Military Police, Brigadier Forster-Knight OBE.
Benjamin was part of a team that cycled non-stop to John O’Groats last year - covering a distance of 1,000 miles.
The Royal Military Police Benevolent Fund assists serving and retired members of the military police, as well as their families.
You may also want to watch:
His sister also held an army-themed party at the Royal British Legion Club in support of the bike ride.
Benjamin and Samantha would like to thank the people of Honiton for all their help and support.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'