Sickness blamed for health store closure
Seaton shoppers see the funny side as sign goes up in Ryton’s window
A sign in Ryton’s Health Store at Seaton has been causing a few raised eyebrows.
It reads: “Due to ill health this shop will be closed until further notice”.
The irony has not been lost on passing shoppers, many stopping to have a chuckle, in the hope, of course, that no one was seriously unwell.
Nearby butcher Glenn Salter was amongst those who saw the funny side.
You may also want to watch:
He’s famous for his comical newspaper contents’ bills outside his GW Meats shop in Queen Street, gems like - “Weetabix found dead on Seaton beach – serial killer sought”.
He said the sign on the health store door was right up his street – literally.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
Meanwhile a neighbour of the shop told The Herald she understood no-one was seriously ill, so people were free to see the funny side.