Sickness blamed for health store closure
Seaton shoppers see the funny side as sign goes up in Ryton’s window
A sign in Ryton’s Health Store at Seaton has been causing a few raised eyebrows.
It reads: “Due to ill health this shop will be closed until further notice”.
The irony has not been lost on passing shoppers, many stopping to have a chuckle, in the hope, of course, that no one was seriously unwell.
Nearby butcher Glenn Salter was amongst those who saw the funny side.
He’s famous for his comical newspaper contents’ bills outside his GW Meats shop in Queen Street, gems like - “Weetabix found dead on Seaton beach – serial killer sought”.
He said the sign on the health store door was right up his street – literally.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 7 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 8 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 9 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Meanwhile a neighbour of the shop told The Herald she understood no-one was seriously ill, so people were free to see the funny side.