Sidmouth brings Sunshine to stage
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year s Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children s Hospice South West.
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year's Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children's Hospice South West.
The event, organised by Bev Thomas, CHSW's Sidmouth coordinator, starts on Monday, November 16, ending on Saturday with a musical concert for younger folk by members of Sidmouth's Rock Caf�.
The Newts perform their one-act play A Lad in Devon on Friday, November 20.
It is a new twist on a traditional tale, following the adventures of an evacuee who comes to Devon by train during World War Two.
You may also want to watch:
Local dance group Footloose will also perform on Friday evening.
Each evening's entertainment starts at 7.30pm at Manor Pavilion Theatre, Sidmouth.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 6 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 7 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 8 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
Tickets are �5, available from its box office (01395) 514413.