Sidmouth brings Sunshine to stage
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year s Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children s Hospice South West.
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year's Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children's Hospice South West.
The event, organised by Bev Thomas, CHSW's Sidmouth coordinator, starts on Monday, November 16, ending on Saturday with a musical concert for younger folk by members of Sidmouth's Rock Caf�.
The Newts perform their one-act play A Lad in Devon on Friday, November 20.
It is a new twist on a traditional tale, following the adventures of an evacuee who comes to Devon by train during World War Two.
You may also want to watch:
Local dance group Footloose will also perform on Friday evening.
Each evening's entertainment starts at 7.30pm at Manor Pavilion Theatre, Sidmouth.
- 1 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 2 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 3 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 4 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 5 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 6 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 7 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 8 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 9 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 10 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
Tickets are �5, available from its box office (01395) 514413.