Sidmouth brings Sunshine to stage
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year s Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children s Hospice South West.
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year's Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children's Hospice South West.
The event, organised by Bev Thomas, CHSW's Sidmouth coordinator, starts on Monday, November 16, ending on Saturday with a musical concert for younger folk by members of Sidmouth's Rock Caf�.
The Newts perform their one-act play A Lad in Devon on Friday, November 20.
It is a new twist on a traditional tale, following the adventures of an evacuee who comes to Devon by train during World War Two.
Local dance group Footloose will also perform on Friday evening.
Each evening's entertainment starts at 7.30pm at Manor Pavilion Theatre, Sidmouth.
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 4 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 5 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 6 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 7 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
Tickets are �5, available from its box office (01395) 514413.