Sidmouth brings Sunshine to stage
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year s Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children s Hospice South West.
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year's Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children's Hospice South West.
The event, organised by Bev Thomas, CHSW's Sidmouth coordinator, starts on Monday, November 16, ending on Saturday with a musical concert for younger folk by members of Sidmouth's Rock Caf�.
The Newts perform their one-act play A Lad in Devon on Friday, November 20.
It is a new twist on a traditional tale, following the adventures of an evacuee who comes to Devon by train during World War Two.
Local dance group Footloose will also perform on Friday evening.
Each evening's entertainment starts at 7.30pm at Manor Pavilion Theatre, Sidmouth.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 5 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 6 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 7 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League
Tickets are �5, available from its box office (01395) 514413.