Sidmouth brings Sunshine to stage
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year s Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children s Hospice South West.
THE Newts, the junior section of The Riverside Players from Newton Poppleford, will join the line-up in this year's Sunshine in November charity concert in aid of Children's Hospice South West.
The event, organised by Bev Thomas, CHSW's Sidmouth coordinator, starts on Monday, November 16, ending on Saturday with a musical concert for younger folk by members of Sidmouth's Rock Caf�.
The Newts perform their one-act play A Lad in Devon on Friday, November 20.
It is a new twist on a traditional tale, following the adventures of an evacuee who comes to Devon by train during World War Two.
You may also want to watch:
Local dance group Footloose will also perform on Friday evening.
Each evening's entertainment starts at 7.30pm at Manor Pavilion Theatre, Sidmouth.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
Tickets are �5, available from its box office (01395) 514413.