Signs advertising village fete stolen
A THIEF, who stole signs advertising last weekend s Offwell Fete, failed to put a dampener on visitor numbers.
A THIEF, who stole signs advertising last weekend's Offwell Fete, failed to put a dampener on visitor numbers.
Police say the annual event attracted "lots of people".
But PCSO Phil Anning added: "Sadly, some who might have gone didn't as two signs advertising it were stolen prior to the fete.
"The signs were very profession ally made. They were taken from beside the A35, near the lay-by outside Mount Pleasant Workshops."
If anybody knows where the signs are, or has any information about who could have taken them, they are urged to call PCSO Anning at Honiton police station on 08452 777444.
Signs belonging to nearby Colour Wheel Plants have also been stolen in the past.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 5 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 6 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 7 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League
See next week's Herald for pictures of Offwell Fete, supplied by a very impressed visitor.