Signs advertising village fete stolen
A THIEF, who stole signs advertising last weekend s Offwell Fete, failed to put a dampener on visitor numbers.
A THIEF, who stole signs advertising last weekend's Offwell Fete, failed to put a dampener on visitor numbers.
Police say the annual event attracted "lots of people".
But PCSO Phil Anning added: "Sadly, some who might have gone didn't as two signs advertising it were stolen prior to the fete.
"The signs were very profession ally made. They were taken from beside the A35, near the lay-by outside Mount Pleasant Workshops."
You may also want to watch:
If anybody knows where the signs are, or has any information about who could have taken them, they are urged to call PCSO Anning at Honiton police station on 08452 777444.
Signs belonging to nearby Colour Wheel Plants have also been stolen in the past.
- 1 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 2 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 3 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 4 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 5 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 6 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 7 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 8 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 9 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 10 Dark day for Millwey Rise
See next week's Herald for pictures of Offwell Fete, supplied by a very impressed visitor.