Signs advertising village fete stolen
A THIEF, who stole signs advertising last weekend s Offwell Fete, failed to put a dampener on visitor numbers.
A THIEF, who stole signs advertising last weekend's Offwell Fete, failed to put a dampener on visitor numbers.
Police say the annual event attracted "lots of people".
But PCSO Phil Anning added: "Sadly, some who might have gone didn't as two signs advertising it were stolen prior to the fete.
"The signs were very profession ally made. They were taken from beside the A35, near the lay-by outside Mount Pleasant Workshops."
You may also want to watch:
If anybody knows where the signs are, or has any information about who could have taken them, they are urged to call PCSO Anning at Honiton police station on 08452 777444.
Signs belonging to nearby Colour Wheel Plants have also been stolen in the past.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 8 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 9 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
See next week's Herald for pictures of Offwell Fete, supplied by a very impressed visitor.