Simple, as the meerkat says...
Or is it?
While all the dithering on the subject of the community centre has been going on, here’s a solution of sorts.
Why ever couldn’t the town council buy the British Legion building to be used as a centre – a super hall, a skittle alley, a bar, a restaurant, toilets, car park etc – just waiting to be used?
Then, either build on offices for the council, or even, if the rumours are correct and East Devon District Council do relocate to Heath Park Estate, could not the town council have an office there.
Simple, as the meerkat says.
Mary Rackett, Honiton
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown