Simple, as the meerkat says...
Or is it?
While all the dithering on the subject of the community centre has been going on, here’s a solution of sorts.
Why ever couldn’t the town council buy the British Legion building to be used as a centre – a super hall, a skittle alley, a bar, a restaurant, toilets, car park etc – just waiting to be used?
Then, either build on offices for the council, or even, if the rumours are correct and East Devon District Council do relocate to Heath Park Estate, could not the town council have an office there.
Simple, as the meerkat says.
You may also want to watch:
Mary Rackett, Honiton
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery