Singers boost Colyton’s festive lights fund
- Credit: Archant
An open meeting is being planned to discuss and show support for the 2018 Christmas illuminations
Carol singing during the Christmas period in Colyton raised more than £230 for the town’s Christmas lights fund, organisers have revealed.
The special event featured shanty singers The Chantry Buoys.
They travelled around the town on a dray led by two splendid horses and their young groom Georgy Selley, of Devon Country Carriages, at Tritchmarsh Farm.
Also on board was local pianist John Bird, along with folk from Colyton, Umborne, Shute and surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
Collection boxes were placed around the town, in local shops and public houses, and were well supported.
A spokesman said: “It is now hoped that the people of the town will attend an open meeting to discuss and show support for the lights of 2018 which bring such cheer to the town. Posters will be displayed nearer the time when a date has been fixed.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
* For the past three years the town’s festive lights have been generously funded by the Colyton Carnival Committee.