Six months of work on the A30
Highways Agency to start work next week. Section between Honiton and Cartgate affected.
The Highways Agency is set to embark on a six-month programme of road works on the A30 and A303.
The work, scheduled to begin this month, will continue until March next year and includes the implementation of safety measures as well as road maintenance.
A temporary speed limit will be in place and motorists are urge to taker extra care.
The work will take place between Honiton and Cartgate.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme includes:
* A303 resurfacing on section of carriageway between South Petherton to Ilminster (September 2011)
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
* A303 Embankment repairs at West Horton (September to October)
* A30/A303 Replacement of direction sign between Honiton and Iliminster (September to October, 2011)
* A303 Street lighting replacement at Cartgate Roundabout (September to October)
* A303 Resurfacing at Marsh (January to February 2012)
* A30 Resurfacing on section of carriageway between Honiton and Haynes Farm (Jan 2012)
* A30 Resurfacing Rawbridge/Devonshire House (February 2012)
* A30 Programme of Safety Schemes between Honiton to Ilminster (February to March 2012)
Chris Pope, of the Highways Agency said: “Keeping journeys safe and reliable is a top priority to the Highways Agency and this package of repair and maintenance works will help us achieve this on the A303 and A30.
“We have planned this work carefully to keep any delays to an absolute minimum and, where possible, it is taking place overnight, when traffic flows are lowest.
“I would urge all road users to drive with extra care past the work site, and to leave some extra time for their journeys if they are travelling at times when work is being undertaken.”
The work starts with embankment repairs just before the West Horton junction on the A303 eastbound between September 12 and the beginning of November.
Throughout the works, traffic will be reduced to a single lane in both directions and a temporary 30mph speed limit will be in place.