Skydive success for See the Future
- Credit: Archant
A team of 10 thrillseekers took to the skies in a high-flying challenge to raise money for Honiton-based charity See the Future.
Gemma Williams, Dan Williams, Emma Galbraith, Billie McGovern, Debra Walker, Chloe Walker, Sarah Price, Laura Jeeves, Stefan Ziemer and Kirsten Ziemer took part in the charity’s very first skydiving day at Dunkeswell Airfield.
As part of the tandem skydive the fundraisers had to jump out of the plane at a height of 15,000ft.
The event last month raised £3,000 for the charity. This will go to non-Government funded eye care units to aid further research into conditions that can cause devastating sight loss.
See the Future’s founder Leanne Greengrass said: “I am so proud of these 10 volunteers that skydived for See the Future. I honestly felt like one of their parents, I was so proud.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a massive thank you to the volunteers and their sponsors.
“The charity would not be where it is now if it was not for all of them.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Leanne came along to support all the skydivers on the day and is hoping to make this an annual event due to the success of the charity’s very first skydiving day.
See the Future will be holding its third summer ball on Friday, September 19, at Woodbury Park Hotel, from 7pm.
Guests will be treated to live entertainment on the night as well as an auction with BBC’s Homes Under the Hammer star Graham Barton, where they will be given the opportunity to bid for a selection of items.
Tickets are £45, which includes a delicious three-course meal.
A limited number of tickets are still available for the event. To book, call Leanne on 07934 690466 as soon as possible.
For more information about See the Future visit www.seethefuture.co.uk