Slimming World groups in Cranbrook make big donation to Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Slimmers in Cranbrook have made a big donation to charity by giving their old clothes away.
Generous slimmers across Cranbrook raised more than £1,000 for charity by donating the clothes they’ve successfully slimmed out of and know they’ll no longer need.
Forty bags of clothes, shoes and accessories have been collected as part of the Big Slimming World Clothes Throw, held by the Slimming World groups.
The bags were donated to Cancer Research UK shops as part of the national fundraising drive run by the weight-loss group.
Slimming World also aims to raise awareness of how keeping a healthy weight can reduce the risk of developing some types of cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Each of the filled bags is worth around £25 to the charity, and this year’s campaign is aiming to beat the £3.3million raised in 2017.
Kirsty Bailey, who runs the Cranbrook Slimming World groups, is delighted to have raised £1,125 money for charity.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Kirsty runs the groups in the Younghayes Centre, on Thursdays at 5.30pm or 7.30pm and Fridays at 9.30am. Call her on 07908 944562.