Slot racing champs honoured in Honiton
Prizes awarded by Derrick Layzell, of Honiton St John Ambulance.
The end of the 2010 slot racing season saw an annual prize-giving ceremony take place at the East Devon Slot Racing Club in Honiton.
Ron Lane took the overall club championship trophy, with Kes Blackmore taking the junior championship.
Mike Lewis won the newly-formed gentlemen’s championship.
Another winner was Daniel Puddicombe, from Plymtree, who received the most improved award.
You may also want to watch:
The prizes were awarded by Derrick Layzell, of Honiton St John Ambulance.
East Devon Slot Racing Club meets every Friday from 7pm in Honiton’s St John Ambulance Hall and anyone with an interest in Scalextric or 1/32nd scale cars is welcome to attend.
- 1 School recognised for appliance of science
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 4 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 7 Axminster progress in the Devon Senior Cup
- 8 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 9 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 10 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
This year will see the introduction of a new purpose-built track.
For more information contact Scott Layzell on 07540746123.