Slot racing champs honoured in Honiton
Prizes awarded by Derrick Layzell, of Honiton St John Ambulance.
The end of the 2010 slot racing season saw an annual prize-giving ceremony take place at the East Devon Slot Racing Club in Honiton.
Ron Lane took the overall club championship trophy, with Kes Blackmore taking the junior championship.
Mike Lewis won the newly-formed gentlemen’s championship.
Another winner was Daniel Puddicombe, from Plymtree, who received the most improved award.
You may also want to watch:
The prizes were awarded by Derrick Layzell, of Honiton St John Ambulance.
East Devon Slot Racing Club meets every Friday from 7pm in Honiton’s St John Ambulance Hall and anyone with an interest in Scalextric or 1/32nd scale cars is welcome to attend.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 3 Gallery applauded for resilience and creativity during 'very tough times'
- 4 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 7 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 8 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 9 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 10 Steve's Great Hike
This year will see the introduction of a new purpose-built track.
For more information contact Scott Layzell on 07540746123.