Slot racing champs honoured in Honiton
Prizes awarded by Derrick Layzell, of Honiton St John Ambulance.
The end of the 2010 slot racing season saw an annual prize-giving ceremony take place at the East Devon Slot Racing Club in Honiton.
Ron Lane took the overall club championship trophy, with Kes Blackmore taking the junior championship.
Mike Lewis won the newly-formed gentlemen’s championship.
Another winner was Daniel Puddicombe, from Plymtree, who received the most improved award.
You may also want to watch:
The prizes were awarded by Derrick Layzell, of Honiton St John Ambulance.
East Devon Slot Racing Club meets every Friday from 7pm in Honiton’s St John Ambulance Hall and anyone with an interest in Scalextric or 1/32nd scale cars is welcome to attend.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
This year will see the introduction of a new purpose-built track.
For more information contact Scott Layzell on 07540746123.