Slot racing champs honoured in Honiton
Prizes awarded by Derrick Layzell, of Honiton St John Ambulance.
The end of the 2010 slot racing season saw an annual prize-giving ceremony take place at the East Devon Slot Racing Club in Honiton.
Ron Lane took the overall club championship trophy, with Kes Blackmore taking the junior championship.
Mike Lewis won the newly-formed gentlemen’s championship.
Another winner was Daniel Puddicombe, from Plymtree, who received the most improved award.
The prizes were awarded by Derrick Layzell, of Honiton St John Ambulance.
East Devon Slot Racing Club meets every Friday from 7pm in Honiton’s St John Ambulance Hall and anyone with an interest in Scalextric or 1/32nd scale cars is welcome to attend.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 5 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 8 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 9 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 10 Honiton Lions run mole mapping day
This year will see the introduction of a new purpose-built track.
For more information contact Scott Layzell on 07540746123.