Sniping in the press - what else can we do?
Honiton Town Council ignored result of town poll.
Peter Townsend in his letter (Jan 19 issue) had it spot on.
For Liz Tirard to suggest that sniping in the press is almost equivalent to those that criticise on street corners is wrong, I ask her what else can we do?
We had a town poll that told the council that the community centre is not required as the townsfolk cannot afford it.
The council has still continued with the project and has added an extra �25,000 plus to the tax this year for the centre, plus other projects.
You may also want to watch:
Our town council tax for this year will rise by a whopping 17 per cent whilst the citizens are
struggling under other tax increases.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
One thing Liz Tirard is right about, that council elections will be held in May,
Anyone willing to stand against a council which is unwilling to listen?
B E Payne
Ave Mezidon Canon