SNOW AND ICE: Dangerous travelling conditions
Minor accidents reported on untreated roads.
AS severe weather tightens its icy grip on East Devon and West Dorset, driving conditions have deteriorated on untreated roads.
Snow fell on ice overnight on Friday, heaping more misery on motorists. Surfaces this morning (Sunday) are treacherous in many places.
Minor accidents have been reported across the district and driving conditions on the M5 were, at times, said to be hazardous yesterday (Saturday).
Flights have been disrupted at Exeter International Airport and, in Lyme Regis, Hill Road was closed.
You may also want to watch:
A reader sent us this picture, showing a car crashed into a tree at the junction of Battishorne Way and Heron Road in Honiton.
The Midweek Herald newsdesk remains open all day today (Sunday). Call 07798716146 or email email@example.com with your weather stories.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 9 Virtual handicap race for Axe Valley Runners
- 10 Summer has arrived at Honiton Golf Club
Thank you to all those who have contacted us, so far.