SNOW AND ICE: Dangerous travelling conditions
Minor accidents reported on untreated roads.
AS severe weather tightens its icy grip on East Devon and West Dorset, driving conditions have deteriorated on untreated roads.
Snow fell on ice overnight on Friday, heaping more misery on motorists. Surfaces this morning (Sunday) are treacherous in many places.
Minor accidents have been reported across the district and driving conditions on the M5 were, at times, said to be hazardous yesterday (Saturday).
Flights have been disrupted at Exeter International Airport and, in Lyme Regis, Hill Road was closed.
A reader sent us this picture, showing a car crashed into a tree at the junction of Battishorne Way and Heron Road in Honiton.
The Midweek Herald newsdesk remains open all day today (Sunday). Call 07798716146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your weather stories.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 9 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 10 Honiton Lions run mole mapping day
Thank you to all those who have contacted us, so far.