Social enterprise Cosmic marks 20th anniversary with open day
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton-based digital and IT company has celebrated its 20th anniversary in style.
Cosmic, which specialises in website development, training, business consultancy and tech support, was founded as a social enterprise in 1996 - five years after the birth of the world wide web.
Clients, business leaders, charity and education representatives, and members of staff marked the achievement with a day of celebration and learning at the company’s offices in Heathpark.
Julie Hawker, joint chief executive officer of Cosmic, said: “Since its launch, Cosmic has worked with thousands of organisations, schools and charities across the region to make the most out of digital technologies, working in partnership to improve how people use the internet and computers in the workplace, in communities and in their homes.”
The company is currently delivering a digital leadership programme which aims to create a new generation of ‘digital leaders’.
You may also want to watch:
The anniversary celebrations began with a welcome from Cosmic’s joint chief executive officers Julie and Kate Doodson, chairman Mark Cotton, and the open day sponsors, Yarlington Housing.
Chairman Mr Cotton said: “It has been fantastic to see so many friends of Cosmic here, both old and new friends, but, importantly, all friends of this fantastic organisation which does wonderful things in the local area, particularly in terms of helping people to tackle digital exclusion. We look forward to the next 20 years.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
On the day, Cosmic hosted a series of workshops, offering expertise on all things digital, including website trends, cyber and security data and digital productivity.
There was also an interactive gadget show and a display of creative projects completed by the staff team to mark the occasion.
A raffle and prize draw were also held to raise money for Cosmic’s charity of the year, Headway Devon.
Holly Keatings, of Headway Devon, said: “We are very pleased to have been here celebrating Cosmic’s 20th anniversary.
“It was also our 20th anniversary this year and we are lucky enough to have worked with Cosmic for much of this time and seen both of our organisations flourish.”