Social media attracts big interest from Honiton businesses
Biggest ever turnout to a chamber of commerce breakfast meeting.
An illustrated talk on social media, which explained how businesses can use networks such as Facebook and Twitter to convert followers into customers, attracted the biggest ever turnout to a breakfast meeting organised by Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Twenty-three businessmen and women attended the event, staged at The Holt, in High Street, today (Wednesday).
Guest speaker was Mike Hensman, of Mailogic Limited.
His talk was so well received that a workshop is to be held in the media suite at Honiton Community College for businesses wishing to further their knowledge on the uses of social media.
You may also want to watch:
The workshop will be open to chamber members only and further details will be published in the Midweek Herald nearer the time.
Mr Hensman is pictured being welcomed to the meeting by the chamber’s treasurer, Mrs Janet Loosemore, who organises the breakfast events.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
The next chamber breakfast will take place on November 2 at Cafe 102.