Social media attracts big interest from Honiton businesses
Biggest ever turnout to a chamber of commerce breakfast meeting.
An illustrated talk on social media, which explained how businesses can use networks such as Facebook and Twitter to convert followers into customers, attracted the biggest ever turnout to a breakfast meeting organised by Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Twenty-three businessmen and women attended the event, staged at The Holt, in High Street, today (Wednesday).
Guest speaker was Mike Hensman, of Mailogic Limited.
His talk was so well received that a workshop is to be held in the media suite at Honiton Community College for businesses wishing to further their knowledge on the uses of social media.
The workshop will be open to chamber members only and further details will be published in the Midweek Herald nearer the time.
Mr Hensman is pictured being welcomed to the meeting by the chamber’s treasurer, Mrs Janet Loosemore, who organises the breakfast events.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 5 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 9 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 10 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
The next chamber breakfast will take place on November 2 at Cafe 102.