Solicitor takes on three mile plunge for Cats Protection
- Credit: Archant
Julian Nicholls pulled off the ‘purr-fect’ jump.
A solicitor skydived to ensure the welfare of cats in Devon and give them a better chance of achieving their full quota of nine lives in the process.
Julian Nicholls, a personal injury specialist with Honiton law firm Ford Simey LLP, completed the three mile descent in a tandem parachute jump with an instructor at Dunkeswell airport.
“Unfortunately, in these difficult times, cruelty to all animals is at record levels,” Julian said.
“Domestic animals are bearing the brunt of families’ financial difficulties and rescue centres like the one at Axhayes are facing ever-increasing demands for assistance.
You may also want to watch:
“I did this challenge to help the Cats Protection charity in particular with all of the good work that they do.
“The charity is almost exclusively staffed by volunteers who receive no payment. It has no government assistance and is therefore wholly dependant upon donations.”
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Julian’s exploit has been supported by sponsorship from family, friends and work colleagues at all of Ford Simey’s offices in Exeter, Exmouth, Sidmouth and Honiton.
All the funds raised by Julian will go to the Axhayes branch of Cats Protection with over £500 having been raised so far.
David Williams, managing partner at Ford Simey, said: “We are all very proud of Julian for having the courage to face up to this challenge and raise some much needed cash in the process.
“On a daily basis, he deals with clients who have suffered serious personal injury and he shows the same tireless commitment to fighting on their behalf to win the compensation they deserve and need to carry on with their own lives.”
Donations can still be made to Julian’s sponsorship of the Axhayes branch of Cats Protection - contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org