Axe Yacht Club welcomes visitors aboard
- Credit: Archant
Taster cruiser and dinghy sailing sessions were enjoyed by around 50 at the annual open day
Axe Yacht Club welcomed visitors to its annual 'Push The Boat Out' open day on Saturday (May 25).
A team of volunteers made sure that everyone had a great time, giving more than 50 visitors the chance to experience a cruiser or a dinghy taster sail.
Those who didn't take to the water had guided tours of the boat yard, enabling them to see the very wide range of craft that members put to sea in.
They also learned about the range of training courses on offer at AYC.
You may also want to watch:
The social team was busy providing refreshments for visitors and volunteers throughout the day which ended with a charity barbecue. Music was provided by local singer Jess Clare.
AYC has nominated the RNLI and the Devon Freewheelers as its chosen charities again this year.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
AYC Commodore, Amanda Parker, presented the Freewheelers with a cheque for £520 from money raised last year.
Further funds were raised for the two charities at the club's charity sale on Bank Holiday Monday.
To book a taster session email firstname.lastname@example.org