Chard flower arranger at record breaking show
- Credit: Archant
A record 500 steam engines gathered at the fair in Blandford
An award winning flower arranger from Chard was part of a new world record recently.
The biggest ever gathering of steam engines – some 500 in all – attended the 50th Great Dorset Floral design Tutor Jackie Nicholls, from Ashville Design, who was invited to exhibit her artificial floral designs at the event presented managing director Martin Roberts with a unique gift to commemorate the occasion.
Jackie said: “I wanted to honour the anniversary and the Guinness World Record with something unique that would last forever. So, I decided to make a floral design for Martin and his staff to hang in the Great Dorset Steam Fair office as a memento of what a truly fabulous occasion it was.”
Martin said: “I can’t think of a more fitting way to celebrate our 50th year than by achieving a world record! “
You may also want to watch:
For details of Jackie’s upcoming shows and workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled