'Yellow' warning issued as flood risk looms for whole of East Devon
PUBLISHED: 11:37 30 September 2019
Motorists could face disruption on the roads tomorrow (Tuesday) - with a yellow weather warning enforced for the South West.
A risk of flooding has been forecast in East Devon, including Exeter, due to heavy showers sweeping across the south of Wales.
The Met Office said: "Heavy showers are likely across south Wales and southern England on Tuesday with a small chance of disruption from flooding."
Motorists should expect, and prepare for:
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures;
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services;;
- Tere is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life;
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads;
- There is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses.
The yellow warning affects the whole of the south of England between 6am and 8pm.