Sowing the seeds of knowledge
Children from Rainbow Under 5s Playgroup in Axminster get busy in their new garden.
Children from Rainbow Under 5s Playgroup in Axminster have been getting their hands dirty in their new garden.
Work has been recently completed on the accessible garden which will allow the children to learn first-hand where their food comes from and even grow their own fruit and vegetables.
The idea for the garden, which has been made possible by lottery funding from Grant for All, came about after the children planted their own potatoes and courgettes.
They enjoyed it so much the playgroup decided to build a proper area with their own gardening tools.
You may also want to watch:
Rainbow Under 5s manager Clare Male said: “The children love to play outside and love gardening, learning how things grow and how to look after plants, but most of all being outside in the fresh air growing healthy food and learning healthy habits for later life.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 7 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner