Following the recent article about Macmillan Cancer Support, on behalf of the Hospiscare Honiton Support Group, I would like to say that the Devon-based charity Hospiscare provides specialist community nursing, hospice care and services to people in Honit
Following the recent article about Macmillan Cancer Support, on behalf of the Hospiscare Honiton Support Group, I would like to say that the Devon-based charity Hospiscare provides specialist community nursing, hospice care and services to people in Honiton and the surrounding villages with life-threatening illness.
Hospiscare is a local charity which looks after local people. We have three community nurses in Honiton who care for people in their own homes as they approach the end of their lives. These nurses understand patients' complex needs and are able to support patients and their families in their own homes. Day centres and in-patient facilities are also available.
None of this would be possible without the generosity of the people of Honiton who support Hospiscare in so many ways, the hard work of the support group which organises regular local events, and the volunteer drivers who take patients to the hospice and other appointments.
Hospiscare needs to raise �9,000 every day to continue to care for people with terminal illness.
We do not receive any funding from Macmillan Cancer Support. I would like to thank the people of Honiton for their ongoing support, and hope that it continues in these difficult financial times so we can continue to make a difference to the most important time in people's lives.
- 1 Lacemaker whose skills were admired by the Royal family
- 2 Park is clear winner in top awards for planning excellence
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 5 Compensation to given to Clyst St Mary residents affected by sewage
- 6 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 7 Come down to Ashclyst Country Fair this Saturday
- 8 Invest in your home town by shopping local this Christmas
- 9 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 10 Lyme Regis gears up for its festivities
Honiton Support Group