Following the recent article about Macmillan Cancer Support, on behalf of the Hospiscare Honiton Support Group, I would like to say that the Devon-based charity Hospiscare provides specialist community nursing, hospice care and services to people in Honit
Following the recent article about Macmillan Cancer Support, on behalf of the Hospiscare Honiton Support Group, I would like to say that the Devon-based charity Hospiscare provides specialist community nursing, hospice care and services to people in Honiton and the surrounding villages with life-threatening illness.
Hospiscare is a local charity which looks after local people. We have three community nurses in Honiton who care for people in their own homes as they approach the end of their lives. These nurses understand patients' complex needs and are able to support patients and their families in their own homes. Day centres and in-patient facilities are also available.
None of this would be possible without the generosity of the people of Honiton who support Hospiscare in so many ways, the hard work of the support group which organises regular local events, and the volunteer drivers who take patients to the hospice and other appointments.
Hospiscare needs to raise �9,000 every day to continue to care for people with terminal illness.
You may also want to watch:
We do not receive any funding from Macmillan Cancer Support. I would like to thank the people of Honiton for their ongoing support, and hope that it continues in these difficult financial times so we can continue to make a difference to the most important time in people's lives.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 8 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 9 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 10 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
Honiton Support Group