Splashing out to make Chardstock duck race a record
- Credit: Archant
Some 524 bright yellow plastic competitors took part in the contest on the River Kit.
A record £750 was raised for worthy causes when Chardstock held its annual duck race on Sunday (June 5).
Some 524 bright yellow plastic competitors took part in the contest on the River Kit, and the first three finishers were ‘owned’ by Claire Price, Max Waller and Tony Booth.
The Chardstock Street Fayre team thanked all the supporters.
The main beneficiaries of this year’s fundraising are Devon Freewheelers and The British Heart Foundation, along with local good causes.
You may also want to watch:
Chardstock Street Fayre will take place on Saturday, September 3.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery