Sponsors splash out for Yellow Wellies Day at Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Poster contest raises £343 for the RNLI
Seaton, Beer and District Branch of the RNLI raised nearly £350 at its ‘yellow wellies day’ last week.
The team was at Seaton Tesco inviting children and adults to take part in a ‘colour-in-a-welly’ poster competition, with prizes for the winners.
People could also take along their own drawing, painting or collage or a Wellington boot.
There were 74 colouring-in entries plus four collage Wellington boot posters from the pupils of Seaton Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £343.52 was collected towards the RNLI’s annual Mayday Appeal.
Tesco donated prizes of sets of colour felt pens to the winners.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Branch secretary Wendy Cummins said their next big fundraising event is her annual sponsored walk on Sunday, May 21, from Sidmouth Observatory. Register at 9.45am for a 10am start.
Sponsor forms are now available and for further information call 01297 23040 or e mail: email@example.com