Flamingo Pool in the pink after golf day
- Credit: Archant
Sponsors swing into action to help raise more than £1,200 at the annual golf day
Business sponsors splashed out to help raise £1,225 for Axminster’s Flamingo Pool when the team held a charity golf day.
The event took place at Lyme Regis Golf Course and the winning team of Roger Seed, Neil Smith and Roddy Donaghy, who achieved 90 points, each won a £40 cash prize.
Second were Jane Broom, Di Shinners and Carol Watson with 86 points, who each won a £25 cash prize.
There was an additional £300 of golfing prizes to be won on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Out of the 16 teams taking part, many won prizes for the back nine holes, front nine holes, getting nearest the pin and putting.
Despite the competition and the heat, organisers said there was a friendly and fun atmosphere. Participants were offered the distraction of half way refreshments and a delicious lunch.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
local businesses who sponsored the golf day included Andrewshayes Caravan Park at Dawlood, Bridec Melamine Boards, CB Gas, Charmouth Bakery, Creative Solutions, Kate Long (The Project Axminster), Kent House Health Centre, Musbury Moles Eco Preschool, Not Just Travel Lets Go, Nutriri, Poppies of Lyme Bay, Reflections Hair and Beauty, Rob Perry Marine, the Rotary club of Axminster, Sarah’s Salon, Scott Rowe Solicitors, The Ridgeway Inn, Tom Glover and Xylem Water Solutions
The raffle was a roaring success with prizes donated by Aromantique, Axminster power tools, Bennett Rogers Opticians, Furzeleigh Down Dairy, Harry May Fishing Trips, Le Pisani, Premier Inn and Seaton Tramway.
Flamingo Pool centre manager, Steve Buxton, said “Well done to everyone that took part in the competition, it was a great event. Special thanks go to Lyme Regis Golf Club, Duncan Driver, who also donated a golf shirt to the prizes and to all of our sponsors for making this day possible and for supporting the Flamingo Pool.”
* Flamingo Pool’s fundraising efforts are to help with the ever-increasing costs of running of the pool and for a project to encourage teenagers to exercise as part of a campaign to stop childhood obesity. The amount raised, after expenses, from the golf day equates to less than one week’s energy bill to run the Flamingo Pool. Flamingo Pool welcome supporters, donations and sponsorship. For more information, contact 01297 35800 or www.flamingopool.co.uk