Spooky challenge launched for children
Halloween creative writing competition to encourage young writers.
Children in East Devon are being invited to take part in a Halloween creative writing competition.
The winning entry will be read out by popular children’s author David Lawrence Jones, who wrote the Bradley Baker books.
The competition is open to schools in the area and is being run by Crealy Great Adventure Park.
It is open to children aged between five and 11. The winner will receive �50 worth of Waterstones vouchers and the child’s school will receive �100 worth of vouchers.
You may also want to watch:
Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Crealy Great Adventure Park, Sidmouth Road, Exeter EX5 1DR, including the child’s name, age, school, and a parent or guardians telephone number,
The submission deadline is Thursday, October 25, at 5pm. The overall winner will be announced on October 26.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend