Stars support charity ball
Sir Cliff Richard and Dame Judy Dench donate prizes to a charity event aimed at raising money to fund research into sight loss.
Tickets are still available for a summer ball being held to help fund research into sight loss caused by eye cancer and other conditions.
The See the Future charity ball is being held on Friday, September 14, at Woodbury Park Hotel, and is being organised by Honiton fund-raiser Leanne Greengrass.
Leanne is in the final stages of setting up See the Future as a registered charity.
She was inspired by her mother, Jacqueline, who is lucky to be alive after a routine eye exam led to the diagnosis of a rare form of eye cancer.
You may also want to watch:
The event includes live music and a big auction including items donated by Sir Cliff Richard and Dame Judy Dench.
Tickets cost �45 and include a three-course meal and champagne reception. Tickets are available by calling 07832 130533.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Sidmouth and Ottery hockey stung by Hornets