Statue taken as drunken prank, Seaton
A STATUE stolen from a garden in Seaton has been returned to the owner – with the offender claiming it was a drunken prank.
A STATUE stolen from a garden in Seaton has been returned to the owner - with the offender claiming it was a drunken prank.
The 2ft to 3ft 'Witches' Cauldron' flower pot was taken from the property in Scalwell Lane overnight on Sunday, January 24.
But police have since located the offender who took the pot, valued at �200.
Pc Roy Hutter said: "The offender admitted it was taken as a drunken prank and informed officers of where the item could be located.
You may also want to watch:
"The garden ornament was returned to the victim and the case has been dealt with.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 8 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 9 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary