Statue taken as drunken prank, Seaton
A STATUE stolen from a garden in Seaton has been returned to the owner – with the offender claiming it was a drunken prank.
A STATUE stolen from a garden in Seaton has been returned to the owner - with the offender claiming it was a drunken prank.
The 2ft to 3ft 'Witches' Cauldron' flower pot was taken from the property in Scalwell Lane overnight on Sunday, January 24.
But police have since located the offender who took the pot, valued at �200.
Pc Roy Hutter said: "The offender admitted it was taken as a drunken prank and informed officers of where the item could be located.
"The garden ornament was returned to the victim and the case has been dealt with.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 7 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 8 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 9 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 10 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth