Statue taken as drunken prank, Seaton
A STATUE stolen from a garden in Seaton has been returned to the owner – with the offender claiming it was a drunken prank.
A STATUE stolen from a garden in Seaton has been returned to the owner - with the offender claiming it was a drunken prank.
The 2ft to 3ft 'Witches' Cauldron' flower pot was taken from the property in Scalwell Lane overnight on Sunday, January 24.
But police have since located the offender who took the pot, valued at �200.
Pc Roy Hutter said: "The offender admitted it was taken as a drunken prank and informed officers of where the item could be located.
You may also want to watch:
"The garden ornament was returned to the victim and the case has been dealt with.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 4 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 8 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers