Statue taken as drunken prank, Seaton
A STATUE stolen from a garden in Seaton has been returned to the owner – with the offender claiming it was a drunken prank.
A STATUE stolen from a garden in Seaton has been returned to the owner - with the offender claiming it was a drunken prank.
The 2ft to 3ft 'Witches' Cauldron' flower pot was taken from the property in Scalwell Lane overnight on Sunday, January 24.
But police have since located the offender who took the pot, valued at �200.
Pc Roy Hutter said: "The offender admitted it was taken as a drunken prank and informed officers of where the item could be located.
You may also want to watch:
"The garden ornament was returned to the victim and the case has been dealt with.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony