Staying safe this Halloween
- Credit: Archant
Police launch ‘Sorry... no trick or treat this Halloween’ campaign
Police in Honiton are taking steps to ensure Halloween is a happy and safe time for everyone.
The ‘Sorry... no trick or treat this Halloween’ campaign is encouraging residents who do not want to be disturbed by trick-or-treaters to place the poster on the front door or in a prominent window of their home.
PCSO Steve Mingo, said: “Halloween activities are really popular and have grown immensely in recent years. For many people it is a fun event, where you get the chance to dress up and go out with friends.
“We’re not here to ruin people’s fun but we would urge trick-or-treaters to be aware that some people do not want to be disturbed. We would ask people not to call at homes displaying this poster.”
You may also want to watch:
To stay safe this Halloween young people are urged to:
• Always be accompanied by an adult when you are trick-or-treating.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
• Only go to houses of people that you know and who are happy for you to call.
• Stay safe, keep to places that you know and are well lit. Do not take short cuts through gardens, alleyways or parks.
• Watch out for traffic - drivers might not see you.
• If you are wearing a mask make sure that you can see where you are going and are aware of your surroundings.
• Carry a torch and a fully charged mobile phone
Cut out the poster or download it online at www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/halloween