Steph Clark reaches Open Mic final
- Credit: Archant
She is now preparing to give what she says is the biggest performance of her life
A Honiton mum has taken a step closer to reaching singing stardom after she reached the area finals of the Open Mic competition.
It was a nail biting win for Steph Clark, but it was announced that she had made it into the final last Wednesday (November 12).
The mental health nurse was languishing in third place for the majority of the voting period, and even slipped to fourth at one stage. She was still in third place just a day before voting ended.
But, despite her prospects looking bleak, a determined Steph made a final appeal for votes and emphatically propelled herself to the top spot before the polls closed.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a total shock,” she said. “I did not expect to get through, especially as I was fourth on Monday, two days before voting finished.”
Steph is now preparing for what she calls the ‘biggest performance’ of her life – she will be singing live in Fareham, Hampshire on Saturday, November 29.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
“I am truly humbled by everyone’s support,” said Steph. “This is an opportunity of a lifetime and without everyone’s help would not have been possible. For that, I will be eternally grateful.”
The area final will start at 7.30pm.
Tickets can be bought for £10. Email Steph at email@example.com.