Axminster pool manager joins record breaking swimmer
- Credit: Archant
Steve Buxton was selected to accompany Ross Edgley on the last leg of his round Britain marathon
Axminster’s Flamingo Pool manager Steve Buxton, joined record breaker Ross Edgley on Sunday for the final leg of his swim around Great Britain.
He was chosen as one of only 300 people to accompany him as he retuned to Margate, 155 days after setting out from the resort.
Steve said: “I followed Ross’ journey from the start and to be part of history was a real honour and privilege.“
Ross become the first person to swim around Great Britain, remaining at sea throughout the 2,000 mile challenge.
You may also want to watch:
It was the equivalent of swimming the English Channel every day, Ross hopes his efforts will also encourage others to step outside of their comfort zone and challenge themselves.
“Find something that you didn’t think you were capable of and prove yourself wrong,” he said.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Added Steve: “If he inspires people to swim then what a legacy..
“I swim four times a week but couldn’t comprehend how he swam for 157 days for 6 hours at a time.”
** The Flamingo Pool is a self-funded charity and community pool widely used by local residents, schools and swimming clubs. It is a self-funded charity it embraces eco-friendly technology to lower the carbon footprint and save money. This allows them to provide more activities at the pool. Website: www.flamingopool.co.uk