Steve's pedalling his way to Paris
CIVIL engineer Steve Guilbert is on his way to Paris – on a bike. Keen cyclist Mr Guilbert, 57, of Offwell, is taking part in a charity bike ride from London to the French capital.
CIVIL engineer Steve Guilbert is on his way to Paris - on a bike.
Keen cyclist Mr Guilbert, 57, of Offwell, is taking part in a charity bike ride from London to the French capital.
The past-president of Honiton and District Lions Club is aiming to raise �1,700 for children's charity Action Medical Research.
He set off on the 315 mile cycle yesterday (Tuesday) and hopes to complete the challenge in four days.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm doing it to raise money and get fit," Mr Guilbert told the Herald.
Fellow Lions in Honiton gave him a cheque for �1,200 last week. Club president Ed Pescud presented the cheque. Honiton Lions' Ladies are also supporting Mr Guilbert's effort - to the tune of �250. Before setting off, he said: "It's quite a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges