Steve's pedalling his way to Paris
CIVIL engineer Steve Guilbert is on his way to Paris – on a bike. Keen cyclist Mr Guilbert, 57, of Offwell, is taking part in a charity bike ride from London to the French capital.
CIVIL engineer Steve Guilbert is on his way to Paris - on a bike.
Keen cyclist Mr Guilbert, 57, of Offwell, is taking part in a charity bike ride from London to the French capital.
The past-president of Honiton and District Lions Club is aiming to raise �1,700 for children's charity Action Medical Research.
He set off on the 315 mile cycle yesterday (Tuesday) and hopes to complete the challenge in four days.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm doing it to raise money and get fit," Mr Guilbert told the Herald.
Fellow Lions in Honiton gave him a cheque for �1,200 last week. Club president Ed Pescud presented the cheque. Honiton Lions' Ladies are also supporting Mr Guilbert's effort - to the tune of �250. Before setting off, he said: "It's quite a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West