Storm damaged Seaton: More photos
- Credit: Archant
Seafront hit by massive waves
East Devon District Council staff have been clearing up and assessing the damage after yesterday’s devastating storm at Seaton.
West Walk toilets have received extensive damage with doors smashed and shingle inside.
Ferocious winds and the exceptionally high tilde piled shingle against the sea wall, limiting the effectiveness of the wave return and putting properties in Beach Road at risk
The sea overtopped the seawall and damaged some flower bed walls behind.
You may also want to watch:
As a result the council called in a contractor to re-grade the shingle to restore protection.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre